Desiccated coconut is a product made from the raw white coconut of the coconut, which is cleaned of the leftover shells, then finely ground or sliced into fibers or pieces depending on the needs of the market, school. Desiccated coconut is applied with modern cold-drying technology below 50 degrees Celsius so the nutrients in coconut rice are not burned, ensuring the retention of nutrients above 95%, the white color of the copra is kept intact and guaranteed to bring many benefits to consumers' health.
The quality of desiccated coconut products is usually scented, milky as the color of rice and have the following characteristics:
• Color: natural white with light cream color
• Texture: free fall and no yellow stains
• Taste: special coconut flavor does not lose its flavor due to spoilage or absorption of other irrelevant scents.
• Odor: the smell will be characteristic of the product, free from mold, cheese, smoke, fermentation or rancidity, and without any unwanted odor.
• Oil content: According to the oil content, desiccated coconuts are currently commercially divided into 2 categories:
1. Desiccated coconuts are high in fat (sometimes called 'full of fat') with equal or more than 60% oil. This is the dehydrated form of white coconut meat from mature kernel that has been chosen as a new one.
2. Desiccated coconuts have less than 60% oil. This is a dehydrated form of white coconut meat after extracting coconut milk. The fat content of this product may vary but usually ranges from 45% to 55%.
Benefits brought from desiccated coconut:
- Help support the excretion of good waste to prevent cardiovascular, intestinal, cancer ...
- In coconut rice contains about 60% of fiber nutritious for the body like Iron, Phosphorus ...
- Desiccated coconut is a fairly common material used in confectionery processing technology
If under normal storage conditions, desiccated coconut has a shelf life of up to 3 years. However, if you open the bag, you should use it within a week to ensure the quality and deliciousness of coconut.